'What Do People Do At 6 In The Morning?'

Let's start with a song. Since I've got 'A Touch Of Blue'  from my my wonderful son-in-law, the music from this CD is played in my car. I still don't like, or better say don't listen to 'Walk Away Renee', and maybe there are too many ballads on it and only one great rock song ('Hollywood Nights'), on the other hand even my neighbour has noticed that recently I drive more carefully and much slower. 

Let's watch this really nice video and listen to David Cassidy. 'Love brings such misery and pain..' btw. 'Since I Fell For You' was written in 1945 by Buddy Johnson as a blues ballad. He was a pianist and a bandleader (of course we can hear it's a great big band number), and the song was for his sister Ella. 'Since I Fell For You' was a great hit in 1963 (#4 on Billboard Hot 100) in Lenny Welch' interpretation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsJSAqv8GGE

So what do people do at 6 in the morning? DC asked this question looking straight at the camera at the beginning of that very interesting interview from 1981. I've tried a little bit to find info about this program, 'Viewpoint' and its host, Debra Hussong but in vain.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1981Viewpoint.html?

More like a conversation than interview, like actually being with them, listening.. I wonder if they did something together later, maybe not at 6 in the morning. I'm joking but Debra Hussong (whoever she was),  made DC feel at ease and they both had a great time in the studio. She was funny and witty and their body language..I've smiled a lot watching them.

DC worked so hard. The role of Little Johnny Jones was very demanding, preparations and rehearsals, and later touring all over the country doing 8 shows a week. You really have to love the job to work so hard. DC knew it himself very well. Ups and downs of the profession, so unstable like no other. Lonely at the top and even more at the bottom..

There is on doubt that David Cassidy loved performing live, he loved making people happy, giving and taking, and he always wanted doing it and was ready to pay the price.  Even when he performed for big audience he always was looking, searching for that personal contact with his fans. It was like that to the end of his career. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4gvxt1WgaA

My FB friend, Araceli Ramirez after seeing this interview has thought the same as me and wrote that comment. 

 "This is what he always wanted to do. he loved doing live musical shows...his concerts were that way too, they never were the same, he always changed things and interacted with the public making everyone of them different and special. Bless him."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'