All I Wanna Do Is Touch You / Irwin Levine and L. Russel Brown

I haven't written my blog for a few days but of course DC hasn't disappeared from my life. 

A very dear friend met because of David, has invited me to London and maybe I'll go in summer, and I thought about DC a lot yesterday while watching a film at the cinema. The Holdovers. The action took place in December 1970, and students at the boarding school were listening to music, the hits from that time. But not to 'I Think I Love You'..And in late December 1970 ITILY was still very high on Billboard Hot 100, and Partridge Family Album on Billboard 200 charts. This film has made me miss the 70s and I've been thinking a lot about young David Cassidy, the real world he lived in and the role he played on the show..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7D1w3GzpbY

And I've been reading fans' memories. A lot of comments appear on social media in this special month in which we celebrate the 50th anniversary of David Cassidy's World Tour in New Zealand and Australia. Some old articles have been posted, the titles speak for themselves. 'Cassidymania', 'Teen Screams For Cassidy'. A lot about DC as health hazard after his Melbourne's concert, and of course about him and Gina. 'Gina Snaps David in the Nude!'

He was working hard, but also had time for some fun and sightseeing. "David is looking around the place and trying to see the unusual things' a spokesman said, 'He wants to see a koala". And he saw some koalas and did many other interesting things, you can read about them in Don Murfet's autobiography. 

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/BookLeaveItToMe.html

Fans post their pics ..and we can see on many of them David on stage and fans trying to reach him. To be so loved, and knowing that all those girls loved him truly, really and deeply. Maybe it was his image they loved, but this image had his name, his face, his voice and last but not least his body. 

Those outstretched hands. Erin Sullivan has written, 'I reached for him over and over..' Another fan, 'he was so close, but so far away..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pG17uX7M8U




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'