'Now You And The Road Keep Flashing Through My Mind..'

From  Dave Ellingson's song. Or better say David Cassidy's song, even that it was written by Kim Carnes' husband, this song belongs to David. And after 52 years also to us, his fans. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IasELb7iHo

Oh yes, what a great time we had with David Cassidy. Fans followed him everywhere, travelling many miles to see him in concert or in the theatre, or just be closer to him. It was like that from the beginning. Shirley Jones several times found teenagers on her lawn, who had come from afar, often hitchhiking and without money, they loved Partridge Family, wanted to have such a mother as Shirley was, Laurie as a sister, Keith..David got letters from fans who moved to LA just because of him, who waited outside the studio, outside his house.

In the 80s fans started coming from Europe, Japan and Australia, and who knows from which other countries to see him on stage. It was worth every penny.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1984August10_Out&AboutThisWeekend.html

Sometimes even a short journey was a challenge. My English friend B. saw DC in concert a few times, in September and  October 1985, and it wasn't easy for her to buy tickets and get to St Austell, Manchester and Oxford. She was extremely lucky, she not only saw him 3 times in concert, but also met DC in person.

Sharron Liddle gave interview for my blog in 2021 and she said, "When I heard David was in 'Time' the musical at The Dominion Theatre I was determined to go no matter the journey. It took over 6 hours on a bus on my own and I'd never travelled that far before on my own. I did however meet a frend who was staying in London and we both went to the theatre but I nearly missed the last bus home!'

A lot of fans from all over the UK and Europe came to London in 1987, to see him in 'Time'. David Cassidy : "My British fans have been unbelievable and very supportive. I feel very lucky. A lot of artists forget when they make it that it is the fans ultimately who make you or break you. I have been fortunate in my career." (Express And Star, April 22, 1987)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo01g8FFldY

In the 90s fans travelled to saw him in 'Blood Brothers', in the US, Canada and the UK, and of course in 'EFX', in Las Vegas. From every corner of the US and quite a lot from Europe crossed Atlantic many times just for him..And David knew how important for every single fan was meeting him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIh5VH0fvKw&t=318s

When he started playing concerts again, in 2000, there were a lot of fans who followed him from one place to another, no matter the costs. I've written about it many times, and we can read about it in the Louise Poynton's book and on The David Cassidy Website.

And after he died..we still keep travelling, visiting all the places connected with him, where he lived, where he performed, where he is remembered. We meet other fans, from all over the world. We are older, have many health and personal problems, but we keep going.. walking in David Cassidy's footsteps..remembering the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yk0hjJIky0



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'