David Cassidy Writes Personally To You

I would never have believed that one day I would read that column. published on Fabulous 208 in the early 70s.. That magazine, published between 1964 and 1980, was a British pop music mag, aimed at the teenage market. It was first called Fabulous, but after a deal with Radio Luxembourg, the mag was retatiled Fabulous 208, because 208 metres being RL's broadcast wavelength.

2 years ago I brought from England a suitcase full of old articles about DC, among them a collection of  'David Cassidy writes personally to you' laboriously cut off from Fab208 by my friend B. in the 70s. I was a little bit surprised because she told me many times that she didn't believe DC had written them himself. I took everything what was offered to me and when I returned home I put all those 'David's letters' in the box and forgot about them. Until yesterday.

David Cassidy singing about the letter. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxhRzr7_O78

Great video and I really like that song, also because DC (difficult to believe) got such letters..

I really don't know why yesterday evening instead reading a book I took off the box, and first just looked at DC's pics but later started reading. Of course he didn't write them personally, it's impossible, he simply didn't have time, but whoever written this column must have been in contact with DC, maybe there were phone conversations, and that/those persons was/were skilled journalist/s. 

It was a very nice read. Mostly from 1972 and 1973, some 'letters' were very funny, some very moving, like those written after English Tour in 1973. This is a fragment, "(the tour) was like a dream to see and feel your response and to be welcomed so completely. But I also had to tell you the other side, the feeling of hoping against hope that no one was injured seriously and that we can now all happily remember the incredible experience we shared in the early Spring of 1973'. That letter was finished with, "Love (and my everlasting thanks for a royal British unforgettable welcome). David Cassidy.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep42l7CacCY'

Some letters were about DC's animals, his hobbies (skiing), Hawaii, one about how the 4th of July was celebrated, about presents he got from fans, and also about work, being tired after travelling a lot, about touring, how important was(is) to protect environment, about being on Bob Hope Special (btw other guests on it were The Carpenters, Mark Spitz, Alexis Smith and Bobby Fisher), why DC always carried his own brush on the set of TPF, "..believe me, when one hair gets out of place on a TV show, look out because here comes the hairdressers' brigade!' and, "I give my hair a swipe between takes. I don't even use a mirror. I just sort of brush it hard and shake my head ( which promptly rattle). That way I escape being primped at every five minutes which drives me goofy"

Reading 'David Cassidy Writes Personally To You' has reminded me that I myself wrote a letter to David. 2 years years ago. With Jane. It was published on The David Cassidy Official Website.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/blog/fans-letter-to-david/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'