Sing Me..

or with David Cassidy in Iceland. I've spent the last 2 weeks there. 

At first glance no connection with DC, but who knows. Actually between 1941 and 2006 there were American bases on the island, and American music, American pop culture have left their mark, but I have no idea if DC was popular in Iceland in the 70s. 

Anyway, like always I've listen to David's music every day, even if only for a couple of minutes before going to sleep..

Sing me..Tony Romeo wrote this song for David in 1973, but after so many years those words have special meaning for us, 'Sing me one of the songs and you've got me..Play me one of the songs and you take me..and life was a joy..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dktg7IeY_YY

Wonderful video and only 424 views after four years. How it's possible.

Of course my sister, whom I've been visiting in Iceland, knows quite a lot about David, she even once has watched The Last Session with me, and a few The Partridge Family's episodes. And while hiking in West Fjords, in that very remote part of the world, I've shared with her my thoughts and worries regarding David Cassidy and his legacy. The way David is remembered, still his image more important than his music. AI and how it could change everything even in our small world of DC's fans. David's last words and what we can learn from him, from his life. The 70s pop is not my sister's kind of music, but she really likes this David's hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0mrYzW6iRM

While I've been away, a lot of new updates appeared on the website. Quite a lot about Ruby and the Rockits. I haven't time yet to read those new articles, but now at the end of this short today's entry let's watch the video which probably is not on the website, because DC is not mentioned. A short interview with teenage stars of the show. Alexa Vega and Austin Butler. What a shame it was just one season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9YreQbEtPM



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'