Cherish, The Book. 4 Years Later

Few things have put me in a good mood lately like the news that Louise Poynton's book, 'Cherish David Cassidy A Legacy Of Love' has been added to the West Orange Public Library Collection. It's happend at the dedication ceremony to mark the opening of the new library. Joseph Fagan who is West Orange Town historian presented a specially signed copy.

And because I'm a former librarian, I've checked how the library looks like (nice) and the West Orange Library's page and its online catalog, and yes, 'Cherish' is avaliable.  What a wonderful idea to donate this fabulous book. It's so moving that now in the place where David Cassidy spent his formative years, and his family roots can be traced to 1666, there is a book about him at the local library I hope to visit West Orange myself.. one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_NLsMHsyoM

Thank you Joseph Fagan.

And of course I took my own copy of Louise Poynton's book from the shelf, and I was lost for half a night. 'Cherish David Cassidy A Legacy of Love', edited by Louise, was published in April 2020 by Unicorn. Louise Poynton wrote in introduction, 'He took us to magical place and belonged to us' (page 6). So true and the whole introduction is so wonderfully written..

I got my copy as a Christmas present from my invaluable son-in-law, the same 2020, and truly speaking haven't looked at it for at least 2 years. And now I can't have enough. The book is so wonderfully edited, and those pics, what a great choice of them, and quality, really outstanding. And fans' stories. Together with pics and articles (and there are some new to me), they paint the David Cassidy portrait. We can see the real man, David Cassidy while reading and admiring this amazing book. If anyone wants to know why we loved DC so much and still haven't forgotten him, they should read 'Cherish'.

I'm in awe of Louise Poynton, she read all those memories fans had sent her from all over the world, she had to make a selection and contact each fan, she met many in person, heard their stories and browsed through all the memorabilia. She talked with DC's friends and colleagues who'd worked with him over the years, she asked photographers to search through their archives, and last but not least she edited the book all by herself. Chapeau bas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCt9WMts1A8



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil