"I Want To Build You A Dream.."

It happens quite often. We read the news that someone connected with David Cassidy, someone who worked with him in any decade of his long career, that such a person has passed away..died. That list is very long now, that's life and we can't do anything about it. But for whatever reason I felt really sad today when I read in the morning that Mark James died.

Actually he died a few days ago, he was 83, like my parents, who still live and have plans for the future..maybe it was one of the reasons..Mark James, born in Houston, Texas, was a successful songwriter. He wrote songs for his very close friend B.J. Thomas, for Elvis (among them 'Suspicious Minds' and "Always On My Mind'), Brenda Lee to name a few.

In 1972 he signed a long-term contract with Screen Gems - Columbia Music. In 1973 'Blood, Sweat & Tears' released Mark James song called..'Roller Coaster' as a single. Let's listen to that version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyuj3Wuv8q0

The same year David Cassidy recorded it for the last Partridge Family album, Bulletin Board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_tfCNqF8wM

Bulletin Board contained two other Mark James songs. First of all 'Where Do We Go From Here'. I've written about this song at least twice, it's one of my favourites. David's great interpretation, his voice so full of confidence, magic.. how easy it looks when he sings, it's just amazing. And it's become my habit, singing to myself when I don't know what to do. "I want to know now..Somebody tell me..Where do we go??..Where do we go from here?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dreVCZhvbk

The third Mark James song on Bulletin Board is 'Alone Too Long', which he wrote with another legend, Cynthia Weil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJpNPj4EdUk&t=62s

Mark James.  November 29, 1940 - June 8, 2024.

The pic - The David Cassidy Official Website. David Cassidy singing 'Alone Too Long'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Said I Changed A Lot..

Kay Lenz, an Actress

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'