Remember Me / Alan Tarney

"Remember me when you feel this way.." And today it has been such a day. Tracey Hather from our GB group has written in the early afternoon, "Felling a bit nostalgic" and she posted some wonderful pics of DC. I feel like that too.

It has started in the morning when I read about new planned films, biopics, whatever we called them, The Beatles (again), Dolly Parton. Stevie Nicks. We've had a lot of biopics recently. And there will be a new one soon, about young Bob Dylan. Will we ever see a film about David? About the time when he was a superstar..I don't think so.

Later some new/old, unknown David Cassidy's pics have been published on the David Cassidy-Greatest Fans Group, really outstanding. Robin Silva has put it the best, "Every time I see a new picture of David. I'm in love all over again". Exactly. I just can't find words what it means for us, David Cassidy's fans to see or hear something new. But how many of us are left? And the number of 'likes' of these great, original and black & white pics is rather small. It looks like most fans appreciate different photographs of David.

And I've thought about this song, so beautifully and dreamy sung and recorded by David Cassidy for his 'Romance' album, in 1985. There is a wonderful, very moving tribute video with it.

"Remember me, remember me I am the one.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-9oHk0aFjY

Alan Tarney, the author of this song, the famous 'Take On Me' by A-ha producer, but first of all he has written and produced a lot of Cliff Richard's songs. He also produced Cliff's best-selling album 'Always Guaranteed' in 1987. The third single from this album was called.. 'Remember Me'. The video was made. It was a Top 30 hit in the UK. What can I say. Only that it has been a nostalgic day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYX1-K3y-n8

The pic The David Cassidy Official Website. From 'Coast to Coast', March 28, 1985

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil