The Best TPF Album

Two days ago I got a comment (from Lyn Baker) about my entry called 'Something's Wrong', that many fans regard 'Notebook' as the best TPF album and that it would be great to have a vinyl edition of it. And I smiled to myself and thought that each and every TPF album was the best, and answered that I'd love to have such a vinyl too. 

From 'Notebook'. Written by Austin Roberts and John Michael Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32_0ZRhcOZQ

The music scene is from S3 E21, 'Forgive Us Our Debts', first aired in March 1973. Btw with great Alan Oppenheimer, who first met 19-year-old DC on the set of 'Ironside'. Alan Oppenheimer is 94 and his last credit (voice) is from 2022. Incredible.

But during the last two days I've been thinking a little bit if it's possible to decide which TPF's album was the best. Or at least which one I regard as the best. 

The music critics, and I think most of the fans would have said that 'Sound Magazine' was the number 1. The album is considered TPF's Sgt Pepper. The most sophisticated sound, great arrangements, a few pop masterpiecies, 3 songs written by Tony Romeo, great hits and of course' Love Is All That I Ever Needed' written by David himself (with a little help from his producer). And how it was played and sung. I love this song.

It was used in the episode called 'Anatomy Of a Tonsil', S2 E5, first aired on March 2, 1971. This music scene is just awful, and I always feel so sorry for DC watching it. Because the song is so exciting and so full of passion, lust even, of course very un-Partridge, not a song for kids. I think the producers, the director simply had no idea how to make it. How to present this song..Tracy just standing, Shirley and Danny smiling like it was something funny in the lyrics. And the audience..No comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6SQUd_Gazo

So 'Sound Magazine'. No, at least for me, I love all of them. Each one is different, also because David, his voice developed along the way, and there is no way to compare eg the first with the last album.

One more thing. I turned off comments on my blog some time ago, because there was one person who constantly urged me to stop writing my blog and start living my own life (or something like that), and it became boring and tiring. I publish my blog on my FB profile and 2 DC groups and I appreciate every single comment, they are always  great inspiration and I learn a lot reading them 

One more song from Notebook. This music scene is great. S3 E 13. "For Sale by Owner". First aired December 29, 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJBu4b3V18


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil