'David Cassidy. He gave us Fever'

The author of the tribute video wrote this 16 years ago, at the end of the song. 'Fever'.

The video is really great, maybe not the best quality, but the way the pics and footage emphasize the tempo and mood of the song is really outstanding.

'Fever', written by Eddie Cooley and John Davenport, is one of those songs everybody knows and it looks very easy to sing. But you should have a very good voice and know what are you singing about. And why. Many covers are simply boring.

But of course many famous artists recorded it, and it was truly bold David Cassidy's choice to record 'Fever' for his 1973 concept album, 'Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes'. In the album's liner notes DC refers to Peggy Lee's version.

David Cassidy's cover is first of all very sensual, sexy ; his voice and the pace of the song, it starts slowly..and he is not alone, his backing singers are with him..Young David's fans in 1973 must have had a big surprise listening to it. I wonder what they had thought about 'Fever'. David knew what he was singing about from start to finish. So let's see this outstanding video once more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwbPy6r5wTk

Amazing..

Why I'm writing about it today. Because I've had some time recently to have a look at the old entries, those that people still read. I've written more than 800 entries since December 2020, and sometimes there are readers who read something I wrote 2 or 3 years ago. So I've checked some of them, and it was rather shocking experience. Not only because of my spelling or grammar mistakes, but because I haven't realised how many YT video links I included in my blogs, are inactive now. And I've started checking my fav videos, and sadly not everything has been found. Of course Jane downloads and publish on the Website David's TV guest appearances, his concerts' footage, but no one download tribute videos. Like this one. People having fun singing 'I Think I Love You'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AtvpMpPQ40

One more gem. I'm a great fan of Sharon Angulot's videos, and this one is just outstanding. Such a great idea to include also fragment of The Rolling Stones' classic recording. David's live version is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvZ2uTBcBk

And there is one more category. Priceless really. Tribute videos with unrealeased David's songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AK5AQzoRG4



Comments