'I Used To Like Him..'

I didn't want to write about it, but somehow this scene from a TV crime series has stuck in my mind and I know from experience that writing about something unpleasant helps forget about it. Of course it's nothing big..but.  

And yesterday, what a coincidence, Jackie Special from April 2007 was published on the The David Cassidy Official Website. 

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/2007April09_JackieSpecial.html

David's posters in girls' bedrooms. 

So it was a few days ago, very late evening when I was watching an episode of a new adaptation of P.D. James book called 'Death Of an Expert Witness'. (from 2023). I didn't watch very carefully because I'm a great fan of the old adaptation from 1983 with Roy Marsden as Inspector Dalgliesh (after DC, British TV crime series is my second hobby). So I was watching and didn't like it al all, also the fact that the story was based in the 70s, but there was nothing about the 70s in it. And I think the creators of the episode were also aware of it because at some point they decided to show a teenage room and a David Cassidy's poster on the wall.

This teen was a main suspect's daughter, extremely unpleasant, and a Police Officer wanted to talk with her in the girl's bedroom. And she said, 'You have a very nice bedroom, and what a great David Cassidy's poster'. I was so astonished to see a DC's poster (and what more unknown to me) that didn't think about making a pic. And the girl replied indifferently, "I used to like him.. but now I think he's gross." 

This conversation had no significance for the action in the film, so what for..It's made me angry and I remembered one article from the second part of 1972 when David played his last American concerts in the 70s, and some older girls were saying the same, that once they liked him but not anymore. 

I haven't found this article, we have so many from 1972 on the website, but I've found one I've never read before. He was working soo hard..

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1972Mar6.pdf



Comments