'Tired, Yes I Am..'

I've thought about less dramatic title, 'On a Train To Manchester' or something like that, but since Jane has posted this video, David's sad eyes and this song are on my mind,,

We've known about this video for years, some screenshots are on Pinterest, and pics of David travelling to Manchester were published in British press in May 1974. But pics can be misleading, they don't do it all, so this footage is really very special.

Someone has written in comments (her name is Barbara Fowles)  'I think David was not keen being filmed when he was relaxing, sees the camera as prying eyes.' Yes, it's true, even that besides David, his entourage, a lot of journalists were on that train and David gave some interviews. But yes, filming him while eating, such lack of privacy, but after 50 years this footage is priceless, and every detail is important. The service, English food, English countryside..

The White City experience was traumatic for him. He looks more like a wounded young boy, in need of comforting and a hiding place, not like a global 24- year- old superstar. At the time Bernadette was still in coma, and maybe there was still hope. The next day on The Sun the article appeared called, 'I Hope To God She Makes It'. In the article there was David's pic on the train and info from the press  conference he gave upon arrival in Manchester. 

He said he would visit Bernadette at hospital. 
"I haven't been sleeping too well because I've been so worried about her. 
It's been such a weight on my shoulders the last couple of days. 
I'm just praying Bernadette makes it. 
I want to know that everything is going to be all right. 

I've always looked forward to doing shows but the horrendous publicity of the past two days has made me feel really low.
I have been touring for three and a half years and millions of people have watched me, but there have never been any serious accidents. I hope Bernadette will make it..  

Why did something like this have to happen at my last-but-one concert?"

Tired, yes I am..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ko4_FtqsMQ


Comments