I Just Wanna Make You Happy / Wes Farrell, Bobby Hart

 

It's incredible but I wrote my first blog more than 1 year ago, on December 20th 2020. Since then I've published 258 posts, more than 46 000 views. From all over the world. Today for example I've had a reader from a new country, Ghana..I've been thinking for a good title for today's blog during my morning walk, and I've thought that "I Just Wanna Make You Happy' from the first David Cassidy solo album, 'Cherish', released in 1972, would be perfect. Only back at home I've realized that it's not such an original idea, because  a fragment of that song was already used more than a year ago for one  of the tribute plaques at The Phoenix Garden.

This is truly David Cassidy's place in London, a  magical, secret garden, so wonderful and quiet, so close to busy Charing Cross Rd, and believe me ..you can feel magic there. David Cassidy would have been happy that he is remembered in such a place..He performed in 'Blood Brothers' at The Phoenix Theatre, and in 'Time' at the Dominion Theatre (Tottenham Court Rd). He knew that part of London very well. For a while it was like..home for him.

Here is the link to the video made by David Cassidy Legacy Great Britain Group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6q5JhHRBVg

Yes, Wes Farrell wrote some really wonderful songs for DC, and after all those years this one has got, achieved a new meaning.

"I'll make you smile in no time..Here on the corner where I sing and play..Where I'm the biggest star they've seen today..And that's good enough for me ..And that's what I wanna be..Only wanna make you happy..' For us he was always the biggest star, and we are so lucky being still his fans.

Among the posts I published in 2021 there are better and worse, some are more important. 

First of all those about the David Cassidy Official Website. And I really appreciate posts that have been written in collaboration with other fans.  Because this is a true David's legacy, our friendship, that we work together and we understand each other so well. I'm very satisfied with all the posts wrote about Louise Poynton's podcast. Her guests and her book .All posts wrote by Sharron Liddle, Pauline Tombs, Encarni Perez and Barb Collentine,  I'm so proud those stories are on my blog. I'm so grateful to Lynne Frasche for her interview and information about DC's Official Las Vegas Star Ceremony. Thank you so much.

And  two other posts, truly  magical,  like David himself helped writing them.

The first one was written on the evening I got an email from Jay Gruska. It was such an exciting and unforgettable night for me..

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/girl-you-make-my-day-tommy-boyce-bobby.html

The second post..A short story I'm very proud of, wrote with Sharron Liddle. We should write something more together.

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/05/the-first-concert-short-story-written.html

Thank you..David Cassidy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'