Going To Las Vegas

or not going to Las Vegas. Since the 1st of January this is something I've been thinking about really hard, only 3 months left, so if I want to go I have to decide now.

In October I wrote a blog with an interview with Lynne Frasche and Carolyn Boyer-Schiavo, they answered a lot of my questions and explained how everything will look like, about events surrounding the ceremony, possible accomodation, special guest speakers.. That blog so far has 600 hits, it means that a lot of fans have wanted to know as much as possible about the event. Here is the link to that first blog with the interview.

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/10/david-cassidys-official-las-vegas-star.html

I've asked Lynne Frasche if just 3 months before the event, she would like to add something and this is what she's written for us

'David's Las Vegas Walk Of Stars Event is just three short months away! So exciting!
We are still asking fans to please donate if they can attend the event, or not.
This will ensure that we can have video for all to enjoy, plus we still need a few things for
the event.



We also still have our Star Store open for anyone who wishes to purchase any of our merchandise. The response has been overwhelming, and everyone has loved the items
and quality!



We'd also like to clear-up any misconceptions about our involvement with David Cassidy's Official Las Vegas Walk Of Stars. Carolyn Schiavo, Becky Harwick Hamik-Pratt, and myself, Lynne Frasche have been an active part of this project for four years. We are original members, and major donors to the Star as well. We didn't take over anything, as the headchair was fired by the Las Vegas Walk Of Stars Board Of Directors. We have the dismissal letter. There was also NO signed contract. We were approached to carry on, and it has been our pleasure to do so, and give David the celebration he so deserves.'


Oh yes, David Cassidy absolutely deserves the celebration, and it will be a great and unforgettable event, truly once in a lifetime experience. I don't expect anything so big and exciting will ever happen again. David Cassidy for those few days will be once more the biggest star in Las Vegas . A great opportunity to meet fellow fans and people I've only have read about, people who knew David Cassidy, worked with him and were his friends.. But to go or not to go..I've been thinking and talking about it , and at last one member of my family said - 'You're  driving me crazy. Go for a walk, think about it, return, write everything down and decide. Good bye.'..A family. Love and support..


So I'm writing..Warsaw - Las Vegas - 9306 km, flight- 12 hours (one way), the price both ways.. around 4000 zł, ( $1000...), this is not much less than national average wage..let's assume I can afford it, I have a birthday in April ( a special one), I can make a big party and instead presents ask for money..But it's sooo far away, and going on my own, this is not easy. And what about Covid..I'm fully vaccinated but I will have to do a test 1 day before flight..and what if..And when you are going so far away to the country where everything is so different you have to be very fit and very healthy..and I'm not..

I still don't know..




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'