Can't Take My Eyes Off You / Bob Crewe, Bob Gaudio

There are some songs like written for David. "You are just too good to be true (..) there are no words left to speak..' Frankie Valli had a hit with it in 1967, but I love the Spanish, flamenco version sung wonderfully, with emotion and passion and sadness by Alba Molina. I've learnt about her thanks to Araceli, my FB friend and the author of that amazing, great video. David Cassidy in Spain, 50 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzhmobS8BtY

Early March, 1973,  David arrived in Europe on his own plane. A 99 - passenger Caravelle jet. Chartered for £ 7000. His name was painted in giant letters on it. Unforgettable concerts, Empire Pool, and Belle Vue, De Doelen, fans still remember them. But he also took part in TV programs, in France and in Spain

And especially that visit in Spain became legendary, David had a great time,  flamenco lessons, went to ski, recorded two songs for Estelar De Sabado (TV), met a lot of beautiful girls, and generally was treated like a great superstar. But until today we only had pictures from this stay. The Spanish fans have been trying for years to get those tapes. When 2 years ago Encarni published on my blog her moving 'Letter To David', she mentioned it too.

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/a-letter-to-davidencarni.html

So you can imagine my joy and shock really, when I've seen this video in the morning. At first I've thought there are new pics from that DC's TV appearance, those familiar high stools and his jacket..but it was David Cassidy himself singing on Estelar De Sabado!! I just couldn't believe my eyes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwVS2DqhzE

And my ears. He was actually singing. Live. We have some audio concert recordings from 1973, but with the screaming audience they are not great quality. But this.. unbelievable, like it was recorded only yesterday, just for us. But that's not all, because there was one more video, with another great hit sung by David on this TV show..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0j9EGVZ-GY

That contrast between his breathtaking, fragile beauty, his shy smile and his strong, velvety voice..Amazing. And the way he looked. 

One more time 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You', this time in English, and with lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFiDG9fhgI

Comments

  1. Thanks for this, Weronika. He really looks happy, how happy it made me to see him that one time on television (I still had it in black and white) and how happy it makes me to see him now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'