Seabird Radio or You Can't Write a Blog Without Friends

 We talk a lot about David Cassidy's legacy, of course his music is the most important, friendship probably comes second.  This is a special kind of friendship, we don't know each other personally, we DC fans, even if we write everyday on social media, but it's  important part of our lives (mine at least) and I know I can always count on kindness and help. Yesterday I found out about it again.

Encarni is from Spain, my  number 1 reader, and what's more important she comments and helps with additional info. Such a reader is every bloger's dream and I'm so grateful. Yesterday I wrote that I couldn't find the original  Bob Gibson's 'Some Old Woman', and first Louise Poynton told me that she'd played it on her radio show, and later Encarni sent me a link to the page with a song and a lot of info about that forgotten folk genius, Bob Gibson. (it's nice that on his page there is also DC's version)


This page is a real discovery for me. I love Bob Gibson original, he was an amazing performer and also knowing it  let me appreciate David's cover even more, it needed courage to make it and David Cassidy was a brilliant interpreter. Thank you Encarni.

Yesterday was a real 'friendship day' for me, because in the evening I got another help, this time from Pauline Tombs from David Cassidy Great Britain Group. It's strange, but I've never listened to the Seabird Radio's special  David Cassidy show. I really hope I will listen tomorrow, but meanwhile Pauline's saved me and written about that programme for my blog. It's a great story and fantastic read. Thank you Pauline. 

'Leading up to David Cassidy’s 2nd Anniversary, the admin of the David Cassidy Group, were looking to get his music remembered, on the radio on the 21/11/19.This was successful, with many local and online stations playing various tracks on the day.

For some reason, I can’t remember now but at the time in November,  I thanked Seabird Radio, for their support on the day and received a nice email back, which from memory indicated,  they would be happy to play any requests.

In January, I was thinking about maybe getting a few tracks of David Cassidy played, for Valentine’s Day and thought Hmmm I’ll contact Seabird Radio!

Wow! was I glad I did, because Paul who is basically Seabird Radio,  came back to me with a fabulous offer!  
He had an available slot on Sunday evenings, if we would like something more permanent! 
The matter was discussed and due to licensing etc, the show could not be solely David Cassidy but would be his show with the bulk of the show being his music!

The David Cassidy show was born January/February 2020 

The music played, is by requests,  being sent into Seabird Radio,  Facebook page with the maximum of 10 a week and I support Paul with back ups if there are less requests and the tracks for the others.


the rest of the show is made up with 2 songs from Cliff Richard a popular U.K. artist since the 50s with a massive female following!


David Cassidy took over from Cliff at the theatre in Time, so has a connection ðŸ˜‰
The other songs are chosen by having a connection to DC, e.g. the Beatles in particularJohn Lennon being his favourite artist and made him want to go out and get a guitar with the support of his Mum, Eric Clapton, Glen Campbell, so many with a connection along the way.

Although there is a lot of work involved, Paul has agreed to do some special 2 hour shows,
my favourite, was last year, one relating to Blood Brothers in celebration of Mickey Johnstone‘s birthday, 18th July and David’s role in Blood Brothers and what it meant to him!
These shows were worked out by me and put together by Paul.

There have been about 8 of these special 2 hour shows, our most recent 19/09, covering the 3 RCA albums, each show being totally different with a little chat here and there ðŸ˜‰
The show has been an absolute positive, bringing fans together, the world over to listen to David Cassidy’s music together every Sunday for an hour!

Seabird Radio is an independently run, one man show and it has been a bonus during the pandemic, to have this little weekly show and we do try to support.


Paul was not a David Cassidy fan, when this show began, but I do think he may now hold a fondness for him and knows much more about him and his music than he would ever have imagined, which he would not have imagined ðŸ˜‚

Paul regularly plays David Cassidy on his 3 other shows in the week,
Thursday and Friday 2pm - 4pm and 10am - 12 noon Saturday uk ðŸ‡¬ðŸ‡§ times and often features on other shows.


I hope the Seabird can keep flying the waves with support, for a while."

We  do hope too. What a great read. Thank you Pauline.











https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Grundig_Yacht_Boy_650_radio_receiver_%282%29.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'