I Think I Love You and.. Let It Be

 So as I promised two or three days ago, David Cassidy and Denny Laine, or  David and Wings, Paul McCartney's band.

We all heard many times how young David watched The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show, on February 9, 1964, they appeared at the end of the show, at 8.12 pm, Eastern Time. It was Sunday and 73 million people watched them, truly unforgettable experience for a whole generation. Even now, after nearly 58 years we can feel this excitement. Next day millions of teens bought their first electric guitars..Among them David Cassidy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-VAxGJdJeQ

Of course he couldn't imagine in his wildest dreams what would happen   6 years later. That the song sung by him would be sold more copies than the hit of the biggest pop group in the music history. And Let It Be, this timeless classic was released in March 1970, and I Think I Love You, recorded on May 11th (the first ever song recorded by David) was released on August 22nd..Number one on November 21st, 1970. 

David Cassidy : 'I remember I was at the award show called NARM, it gives awards for the largest selling records. 'Let It Be' was also nominated.(..) McCartney was in the audience and they announced me. I stood up and there was like a hush in the room. I'm like 20 years old, this punk upstart. I went up to the podium and I said :' I'm honored to be here. One of the great inspiration is knowing that one of my mentors is here, Paul McCartney and I want to acknowledge him. You're the reason that I'm doing this. Thank you all very much.' There was mild applause because I acknowledged him. I was making records for 9 months.' (Suzanne Halliburton, Outsider, March 27, 2021).

Can you imagine..Amazing. What a great opening scene this could be for a movie..'Let It Be' is a classic, but ITILY also has a place in the history of music, it's a great pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9UtIhOI8M

In !971 Paul McCartney with his wife Linda, and Denny Laine, formed the group called Wings..And maybe some people don't remember, but Wings was actually very popular in the 70s, and I loved their songs - 'Live And Let Die', 'Hi, Hi, Hi' , 'My Love' and 'Jet' and 'Band On the Run', and 'Silly Love Songs' and 'Mull of Kintyre' and 'London Town'. Wings' albums were played on our radio and I recorded them on my tape recorder. I remember especially their live album, 'Wings Over America', great record and I thought at the time what an amzing title it was..But I never heard Wings' 'Tomorrow'..

 Let's listen to that fantastic song, 'Band On The Run' and watch Wings in America in 1976. The tour was supposed to start in April 1976, but it was postponed because... of David Cassidy (also). But I will write about it next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwmOBKdROIQ

the pic courtesy of The DC Official Website 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'