'Fun and Games and Michael Ambrose'

 

The title of Marcus Welby, M.D. episode  (#1.16) which was aired on ABC, on January 13, 1970. 

A very important David's title role..He played that kid, Michael.

David Cassidy : (Could It Be Forever, 2007) ' My acting was lame on my first couple of shows, but I was really pleased with the job I did on Marcus Welby. I played a diabetic youth who, as a way to punish his father, wouldn't take his insulin. I had to do some highly emotional stuff. Ruth said it was a great piece of work and she would help me get more..' And she found him Keith Partridge..(it's just a remark..)

Each decade has its own great and popular tv medical drama. Doctor Kildare..I loved watching ER and later House, M.D, Such medical tv dramas have  enormous audience . And David appeared on Marcus Welby, MD, when that show was nearly at the pic of its popularity. .

The first episode was aired on September 23, 1969 and it was an instant, huge hit, it starred Robert Young as the title character, his partner was played by James Brolin. Both got Emmy Awards for their roles and Young even a Golden Glob. And its second season (1970-1971) was ranked number 1 in the Nielsen ratings..

There is a very good copy of 'Fun and Games and Michael Ambrose' on YT, and I've watched it today with a great interest, not only because of DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSsm5wCkiU

Yes, John McMartin who played the father was also very good. Michael Ambrose had many  reasons not to like his dad. Sometimes it looked like they spoke different languages, like there was an invisible wall between them..David and John met again the same year. On October 23rd was aired the 5th, The Partridge Family's episode with John McMartin as a guest star (When Mother Gets Married)..

David had been noticed by a lot of girls who started writing letters to many magazines asking about him. " I turned on Marcus Welby, M.D. as I always do, when all of a sudden my heart started  thumping wildly, cause I was looking into two most beautiful eyes in the world! They belonged to the boy who played Michael. But who is he???' ( a letter to Fav, May 1970)

and not only girls. Charles Laufer (publisher, Tiger Beat) : 'David first came on my radar when I saw him doing auxiliary part on the Marcus Welby, MD. He played a sick kid who got cured and he did a good job and I thought - Yeah, he looks good."...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'