Am I Losing You? / Irwin Levine, L. Russell Brown

Wrote by Irwin Levine (1938-1997), and L.(Lawrence) Russell Brown (born in 1940). Together they wrote a song which in 1973 became a worldwide hit and I never liked it. Even worse. Yes, that song's title is ..'Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree'. I used to go out of any room when that song was played on the radio. I was only 11 but I knew what I didn't like. But today I've given that song a try. That video has much more than 4 million views and a lot of comments..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtDQxJlcUxE

Tony Orlando and Dawn ( those two ladies, the backing vocal group, it's a very long story why they were called Dawn). No, nothing has changed for me. Can you believe it that  in 2008, Billboard ranked "Tie a Yellow Ribbon..'as 37th biggest song(!!!) of all time in it's issue celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Hot 100 !! Number 1 - 'Twist' Chubby Checker..number 12..'Betty Davis Eyes', Kim Carnes..No David Cassidy of course or TPF, but #3 was Bobby Darin and 'Mack the Knife'. DC sang it on Glen Campbell Show ( a fragment) and of course while performing at 'At the Copa'

But let's return to songs Irwin Levine and L. Russell Brown wrote for The Partridge Family. Today I've thought about 'Am I Losing You?', and those words ..'This was supposed to last forever, but forever slipping out of sight (..) Is there something that I can do..' I've thought about that lyrics after checking in the morning how many fans have signed the petition for London's Music Walk Of Fame..Not many..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTD-Ria2qfo

Yes, let's face it, not many fans left, I mean fans who are active on social media and still interested in DC. And I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about it. Those who stayed will not give up for sure..

Besides 'Am I Losing You' Irvin Levine and L. Russell Brown wrote 2 other songs and David made both of them great. 

'I Woke Up In Love This Morning' and 'Every Little Bit O'You'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzy4ahHd8Ng

And PLEASE sign the petition.

https://chng.it/rmbFvGSMCP

Comments

  1. Thanks weronkica for sharing the campaign to get David remembered in Camden , London
    We can all do our bit for David’s legacy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'