Two Concerts.

The first one was David's last. It took place to the day 5 years ago, at BB Kings in New York.

The second one was 50 years ago on March 3rd, 1972 at San Antonio Convention Center Arena (also known as HemisFair Arena) in Texas. 

Both those places are not exist anymore. BB Kings Blues Club was closed in April 2018, and San Antonio Arena demolished in June 1995...

David Cassidy's concerts..around 600. In the USA just everywhere, big outdoor events, sell out concerts at big halls, for thousands of fans but also playing for small audience, even in the 70s, and after 2000 often at casinos, at places only glamorous at the first sight. Sometimes he sang for people who bought tickets for his concert in a packet with a night in a good hotel and a dinner. I spent a night (in 2019) at the hotel DC performed 3 times. In Laughlin, Nevada, the city where Suzanne Crough lived and died. And she came with her family to see David in one of those concerts.

It was difficult and sad  for me to imagine David Cassidy playing in that place, mostly for people who came  primarily for gambling..But wherever he played, there were always his fans who often came from afar for him, and he always gave 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdVEkw43H8

That last concert..at first I didn't want to watch it, I read reviews, there are some very detailed reviews on the website, and great and very moving Mark Wyckoff's' article describing David's last 2 concerts. DC's words after the last song, it was I Think I Love You', David was saying good bye to the fans - 'Thank you for all of it. For all the decades. I don't think I do..I know I love you.'

Here is the link to the article

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/2017DC%20tour.pdf

And that second one. Until yesterday we had no info about that concert, just the place and the date. It was  half a century ago, in a different world. 11 year old girl's first concert. She was with a group of six neighborhood friends,  Mary was the youngest, but the most devoted David's fan. She was able to do something extraordinary -  she'd taken two photos before security had return her and her friends to their seats ..The camera wasn't the best, she was a very excited and inexperienced photographer, the photos are little blurry, and maybe it's the reason they are so moving. David looks so young and vulnerable. On the one pic he is not singing, he is pleading with his young fans to 'push back'...

 Mary Anthony : 'I was absolutely mesmerized staring into his hazel eyes'..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/1972March3.html

2 days later David Cassidy performed at Houston's Astrodome, and on March 11th 1972 he played his most important concert, at Madison Square Garden, in New York..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTppP88xhhY

 https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth66283/m1/1/med_res/

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

Labor Of Love / David Cassidy, Sue Shifrin and Michael Dan Ehmig

Love Is All That I Ever Needed. A David Cassidy Biography. Chapter 1