'It's The Same Guy Singing..'

Since David's last birthday and Las Vegas Official Star I've had a crisis regarding my blog. There are many reasons, not only that we've achieved such an amazing goal and now we are looking for something new..Of course there is Music London Walk Of Fame, but it seems that even fans don't believe in it. Sorry, but after I don't know how many weeks less than 600 fans have signed the petition. If we fans ourselves don't believe that DC should be honoured..Or maybe we need more time and more writing about it. That's the link.


I think I've written about all David's songs so far, but  I return to his music all over again, daily, and DC and his songs never let me down, and I receive a lot of feedback that fans (and not fans) still want to read my blog. People from all over the world, and recently I've had a reader from Ukraine and the same day another one...from Russia. Yes, we are fans wherever we live..And of course David with Sue performed in Moscow in 1989. The invitation came because Sue was involved in 'Music Speaks Louder Than Words' project, but David was quite popular in the 70s in  the Soviet Union. The Iron Curtain was still up in May 1989, but we all felt that the wind of  freedom was  in the air. 


Wonderful..

So I've been looking for some inspiration and have started my morning today with Timm McCoy's David Cassidy Day and the first song..bingo..'I Woke Up In Love This Morning', but not TPF's version but from 'Old Trick, New Dog'  released in 1998. What a fantastic album ! Listening to it has made my whole day 


It's absolutely amazing how DC redid those old hits, so important in his career, he looked at them from another point of view, in 1998 he was the boss, and he recorded them as he wanted. The album was produced by three young musicians - Dino Esposito, Peter Brunetta and Scot Rammer, David wanted to achieve a modern sound, but he was an executive producer. The album was released 2 weeks before the official street date over the Internet, and in less than two days it was top 5 in online record sales. Of course ' No Bridge I Wouldn't Cross' became a hit, but for me the number 1 song from that album is a new sexy, sensual (can't find better words) absolutely amazing new version of 'I Can Feel Your Heartbeat'


David Cassidy : 'I'm not redoing these songs because I feel some obligation or preassure to them. I'm doing them because I really love the songs. What pleases me is that the songs still work some 20 years later. It's the same guy singing, but from a different place.' ( May 1998, Chicago Tribune).

The whole album is great, and I can't find words to describe how wonderfully David redid not only his old hits, but also Jerry Fuller's 'Show And Tell'. This is one of my fav David's recording. In his interpretation it's like a new song so different from the most famous version from 1973. So let's listen to Johnny Mathis first


And David..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'