CC Rider Blues /Jenny Jenny / 'Ma' Rainey, R. Penniman, E.Johnson

I've never written about this extraordinary David Cassidy's live recording from 1974. Because I've thought I don't know enough about American music. David Cassidy made one extremely exciting number from two songs - one blues standard and the Little Richard's hit from 1957. Everything has looked so complicated to write about.  And that lyrics..'you made me love you' and 'won't you go along with me..'(btw what a question, who wouldn't). What an extraordinary, exciting live performer David Cassidy was. This recording always makes me want to jump up and dance and scream. And his voice.

Dave Thompson :'few period live albums come even close to capturing its excitement'...Stephen Porter : 'Cassidy is a brilliant live performer (..) more importantly, I have never heard a live album with a crowd reaction like the one you can hear on Cassidy Live!. It's phenomenal.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmEI3TACeNU

Amazing. And yesterday I had a nice surprise when someone who was not a fan appreciated the value of that recording. Maybe it's not very important, but I had a moment of real satisfaction.

I'm friends with one Englishman, a professional DJ, he knows everything about music, die hard Status Quo fan, we share love for the forgotten Welsh band 'Budgie'. He is  charming and kind, great sense of humor. My friend's B. partner. He smiles when we talk about David Cassidy, (he's a perfect gentelman). He knows about my blog, his opinion is that everybody should have a hobby. Yes, he never was DC fan. And yesterday while driving they were listening to different version of 'CC Rider'. Deep Purple, Animals, Elvis. At last B. played for him David's version. He couldn't believe it. He just couldn't believe it that it was David Cassidy. 'The same one who sang 'Cherish' ? It's impossible'. (What a shame B. didn't take a pic ). 'No, it can't be'. He was soo impressed. Very nice.

I think he should listen to that one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRstVQzSf_Y



Comments

  1. Dear Weronika, thank you so much for this, and for these great videos of David in concert! I love Cassidy Live! I always wanted to see David in concert, but I never had the opportunity to. Cassidy Live and these great videos of David in concert, and other David concert videos are the next best thing to being there! Thank you so very much again for such a great blog, with such great videos and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy, such a joy writing about David Cassidy xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'