Celebration of the 70s

The post about Suzi Quatro and DC has made me think about the 70s' music. It was really a special decade, the music was so good and so important. Maybe now it's the same and I just don't know..I can only say that for my kids (they are over 30 now) music never was as important as it was for me. And for many of my school friends. We talked a lot about new albums, new hits, shared info, music was the most important, deadly serious topic of conversation. 

And especially 1975 was such an extraordinary year, so many unforgettable albums, Pink Floyd  and Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Nazareth, Rush and Budgie, and of course Queen 'A Night At The Opera', and Bob Marley, Elton John and Donna Summer, The Eagles, 10cc and many, many more. Each day brought something new and  very exciting. So many unforgettable songs. David had bad luck that 'The Higher They Climb' was released in 1975. What a shame because it's such a good album. My daughter heard 'Be-Bop-A-Lula'  playing when she visited me last Sunday - 'Surely it's not David?', 'Of course, it's him'. People are still surprised how good he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hTK9RA8NVA

On March 2, 2013 DC took part in a concert called 'Jim Brickman - Celebration of the 70s'.  Jim Brickman, born in 1961, is a  known pop songwiter, a pianist and radio host. He saw David in 1972 in concert. One of many who was inspired by David. At the 'Celebration of the 70s (Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT) DC sang 'Cherish', and Jim Brickman accompanied him on piano. It was an amazing, great David's performance. They were so happy, him and the audience (and Jim).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvGP8q_YFqs

Of course I know (and remember) that the 70s wasn't such a happy decade. On the contrary. DC remembered that too. But I think he was genuinely happy singing 'Let the Sunshine In' together with other stars..

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXbkVK4u1s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'