All I Wanna Do Is Touch You / Irwin Levine, L. Russell Brown

Irwin Levine (1938-1997) and L. Russell Brown (born in 1940), who wrote also for TPF, 'Am I Losing You' and of course 'I Woke Up In Love This Morning'.

 'All I Wanna Do Is Touch You' was released as the  B-side of 'Cherish', in September 1971. The single hit no 9 on US charts on November 13, 1971, and stayed on the charts for 11 weeks. It was David's only US Top 10 hit..

This is my one of the best 'sing along with David' song, it's so unpretentious, always makes me smile. Someone has written (in comment) - 'I blush everytime I hear the song'..I don't know what she's been thinking about, but I always think about the time when I was a teen and life was simple and..exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pG17uX7M8U

But I've thought about this song today while seeing another pic posted on our DC Great Britain Legacy Group. Another pic with David and a fan, or two fans. Or more. Fans hugging David, all smiling. And these captions under the photos. 'The one and only..'. 'My first love..', 'My first crush..'  Louise Poynton's book. 'Cherish : David Cassidy - A Legacy Of Love' is full of such stories, told by fans, for whom meeting David Cassidy in person was the unforgettable experience. Something that cannot be compared with anything..

Something cherished.

'You don't know how many times I wish .' and  'I will sing for each and every one of you..' 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCt9WMts1A

This is amazing that David always understood how it was important for each of us. For every fan. This personal contact. It was also a great responsibility for him. He didn't want to disappoint any fan. David said in 2002 - ' My relationship with my fans is truly extraordinary..' And in 2017 after his last concert - 'Thank you for all of it. For all the decades. I don't think I do. I know I love you.'

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so much for sharing this! I love this song "All I Wanna Do Is Touch You"! This is one of my favorite David songs! I also love his song, "Cherish," too! That is one of my favorite David songs, too! Thank you so very much again for writing such a wonderful blog, for David and all his fans, complete with such wonderful videos of him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'