Once a Teen Idol..

We've had a lot of really amazing new updates on the website recently. A new tribute, a new tv appearance and a new radio interview. Everything has taken a lot of time, and we are so grateful for those fans who worked on them and shared that new material with us.

Maybe a song first. My number 1 video (recently). I don't know how many times I've watched it. To be there..Just amazing and so exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdootiYryo

So I've checked how our new updates going on the website. What fans think about them, maybe they have an additional info (and they have in one case). But I wasn't prepared for that. Forget Lord M. and Beaulieu tribute or the DC interview for Canadian MTV, or the radio BBC 1985 interview. 

The June 1973 Tiger Beat Spectacular magazine. The link to it (scans) with one of the DC's posters from it.  More than 14k views, nearly 2k comments, and more than 1,3 shares..Wow. Once a teen idol..I haven't read comments, I know what they are..Cherish is the word..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-c6aAOt50

And we fight for any single signature for the petition. 14k..

But of course I understand, David Cassidy was/is the ultimate teen idol..for ever and for everybody, fans and no fans alike. And nothing has changed for many fans since...1973. The pics are most important, and there are some spectacular (shirtless) in that Tiger Beat issue. I know, because I've actually read it.

That issue is not only about DC. A lot of letters asking about Donny, Marie and the other members of the Osmond family, and articles about Williams brothers, Michael Jackson and many others. But of course in June 1973 David was still the most important. The main article has the title ; 'David Cassidy : No Sad Songs For Me', how at last David is so happy with his career, being a teen idol etc. 

But not everything was faked. DC was friends with Elton, he bought some great clothes in London, and I think that one was genuine too. 15 the most popular stars were asked about what they summer romance would be. And David answered : " Gloria Steinem. I admire the thing she's striving for - equality for women. I like the girl who is striving for something and I'd like to know such a go-getter really closely.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV70Fcu8OiY

AND PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you so much for this, especially "Cherish." I love this song! It is one of my favorite David songs. I really love the way he sings it. Thank you so very much again for such a great blog about David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Judy xxx

      Delete
  2. The website proved to be an utter disaster following David's death. They chose to advertise The Last Session footage when David's family had done all they could to get it dropped. They showed footage of David in great pain, crying, and got rid and blocked anyone who didn't like it. They also tried to advertise Autopsy ... The last hours of, until David's cousin asked them to please take it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to argue with such a statement, bc I think the website it's first of all a huge library, nearly every day is sth new, there are more than 12 300 pages, and a lot of people work very hard to save and preserve everything what DC ever did. If we do not do this, maybe many things will be lost forever. I can see that you don't know the website very well, bc a lot of controversial materials which appeared after 2017 are not there. If you have any problems or opinions, please write to Jane, I'm just a humble helper, one of many

      Delete
  3. Sorry Weronika, despite what happened with the website after David died, that does not mean that there have been many good things put on the site about dcs life and talent for his fans to enjoy. It's just my personnel opinion those programmes should not have been advertised on there at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I've been writing a replay for the first comment very long. It's a very difficult question what to put on the website, bc once we start to censor..but as I've written some things are not on the website, we all love David, we all care..it's not easy to meet everyone's expectations, and I admire Jane, it's a great resposibility..and not an easy job.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'