'He Was One Of The Finest'

 

I haven't planned to write anything tonight, I'm still not very well after the cold I got while on holiday in Turkey, in December. Nothing serious, but that virus left me weak and lazy. So I have decided instead writing about DC, to check what's going on in my garden (we've had recently a visit of some wild boars), and also go for a really long walk. But it's impossible to spend a day without David Cassidy.

In the morning my wonderful postman arrived on his bike with a parcel from England. At last! A new calendar with the DC's pics from my very close friend and a fellow-fan, Doreen. I have quite a collection of those calendars now. But this time I had to wait for it quite long. It has taken Royal Mail and our Poczta Polska, nearly a month to deliever it. I've read some articles compering 1973 in the UK with 2023, because of strikes and financial crisis. Maybe..For us 1973 was the year David Cassidy performed in Europe. He was huge, a superstar.  Those lucky ones who saw him in concert, like Doreen..50 years ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep42l7CacCY

Some of my close English friends saw David in concert in 1973, and they told me a lot about it, many really amazing details, how they bought the tickets, waited for that big day, how they got to London: they tried to describe that excitement and joy. I like the best the story how my friend Jane saw DC in Manchester. She was 15 and went to a very known girls' school, and was at the concert with her school friend. Politely sat in their seats, those two very well-behaved young ladies, Jane expected to see Keith Partridge, but instead on stage was very sexy, exciting David Cassidy, singing 'Rock Me Baby'. Of course they jumped on their chairs and started screaming like the rest of the audience. 

We have on the website  some great pics and an amazing video from Manchester. With a short interview and that question -  'What's the secret of David Cassidy ?'

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/1973March14.html

'He was one of the finest'. Someone wrote it about David in November 2017, and I've read those words today. They've been posted on FB, on one of the DC groups, and  have stuck in my mind. Short and so accurate..Not 'he was a great, underrated singer', or 'a born entertainer', 'an excellent actor', but just like that -  'he was one of the finest'. Yes, he was.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K


Comments

  1. Hi Weronika, thank you for sharing this! I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. I pray that you feel better very soon! Hope you had a great time in Turkey! Yes, it is impossible to spend a day without David! He is one of the highlights of my day. Your friends and everyone who was able to see David in concert was so blessed! I was not able to see him in concert, but I was so blessed to see him in "Joseph" twice! Those were 2 of the happiest days of my life! Yes, he is one of the finest! In my opinion, he IS the finest! Thank you so very much again for your wonderful blog for and about David, and for all of us lucky fans who are blessed to read it, and watch the videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy xxx I'm so happy your story about seeing David in 'Joseph' is on my blog, a lot of fans have read it. DC was great in it. Of course for us David is nr 1, always xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'