I Write The Songs / Bruce Johnston

I know who wrote it. Bruce Johnston, such a wonderful, versalite artist, a musician, singer, songwriter and record producer. I know who recorded 'I Write The Songs' first. Captain & Tennille, it's on their 1975 album, 'Love Will Keep Us Together'. David was the first who released 'I Write The Songs' as a single. And of course I've written about the DC's and Barry Manilow's versions many times on my blog and on social media. This is David's song.

I've always thought that the DC's version is really extraordinary and the best, and even once one fan called me 'a fanatic' and that I shouldn't write which version is better, the David's or Barry's. It was 5 years ago, and I was 'a new fan', just started discovering David Cassidy's music and learning about him. And my knowledge of English was rather poor, it took me a lot of time to write a simple comment on the website, and it didn't help either, that out of the blue I became dyslexic..A former teacher and librarian. Anyway when I got that comment, I apologised. It makes me laugh now. 

I've thought about it today while reading what Brad Kyle wrote about the DC's version of 'I Write The Songs' :

'It's worth appreciating David's version, as it's exists in a completely different (and much more sublime) universe than Barry's bombastic hit cover'. So wonderfully written, thank you so much Brad Kyle. This is exactly what I think, just can't write the way you can. 

This is the whole article

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/Web2022Feb10.html

And I have decided to leave my blog today. This is my last entry, I started thinking about it after reading the Kim Panfile's post at the beginning of January. She citied Steven Bartlett : 

'Contrary to popular opinion quitting is for winners. Knowing when to quit, change direction, demand more from life, give up on something that wasn't working is a very important skill that people who win in life all seem to have.' I read it and thought 'Wow..this is something for me'. And today the time has come and I'm leaving my blog. 

This is my entry nr 560, it's just incredible how many I've written, with 'a little help from my friends'. I want to thank all wonderful people who during those 2 years wrote for my blog. Encarni, Sharron, Pauline, Doreen, Wendy, Mary, Laurie, Judy, Barb, Marijke, Sandie and Timm. I want to thank Louise Poynton. Btw, the most popular was the entry about Kay Lenz and David, 1527 views..Fans from all over the world have been reading my blog about David Cassidy. Thank you. I hope you've learnt something and had some fun.

I'm not leaving David Cassidy. On the contrary, I have a huge project for the website and ...I've started writing his biography. I want to be more active member of David Cassidy Legacy Great Britain Group, this is very important for me. There are also some personal reasons. Family first. 

David Cassidy all his life reinventing himself, starting all over again with new projects.

Thank you xxx

David...this is your song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_6cwUso8CA



Comments

  1. While I've been a David Cassidy fann for years, I just about 3 weeks ago joined a few DC groups. I have to say, I've enjoyed your writings very much. I will look forward to the projects that you mentioned. Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xxx I started writing in December 2020 in a moment of despair, at night, a member of my family in hospital and I thought it was the end..and Covid. And I looked at this pic of David (it's on the wall in my room) and it was like he told me himself :'Write a blog!'. I got up, opened my laptop and started writing. It was so easy..And now I've started a DC's biograpghy and I want to concentrate on it. But what I have written during 2 years, those 560 entries they will stay for ever..

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your blogs. I haven’t read them all but have enjoyed and will miss them. Good luck on your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. It was time for me to leave xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this very special blog from which I have learned so much. It's funny, but I'm not sorry because I'm sure that whatever your project is, it will be good for you, you have to do what motivates you the most at all times and I'm sure that we will continue learning together. Good luck and thank you very much for your contribution to the incredible world of being a fan of David. A hug 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hug Encarni. Thank you for your comments and your support from the very beginning and for your wonderful story which so many people enjoyed reading. Yes, I'm not sorry too, we know (because of David) that better quit at the top, and it was time to start sth new and I've just started a book. We will be learning together and talking about David and listen to his music to the rest of our days..

      Delete
  4. Gwen Beasley Hill1/19/23, 11:42 PM

    Although I’m sad you are ending your blog, I’m excited for your new book about David! I have enjoyed and learned so much from your blog! I will keep you and your family in my prayers! Love and hugs sent to you Weronika! 😘❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwen xxx Big hugxxx I'll never leave David and never stop writing about him and caring about his legacy . Or caring about my FB friends. The DC's fans are the best.

      Delete
  5. Awww your blogs have been wonderful and full of interesting information. Will miss them but waiting in anticipation for the biography as I am sure it will be amazing. Thank you for all your time and effort ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. It wasn't an easy decision, and haven't made on the spur of the moment, but after 24 hours I know it was the right one. I hope I'll manage to write the DC biography,.. it's a long and winding road..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'