Looking Through the Eyes Of Love / Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil

When I was in England last May, I visited charity shops wherever I went. In Swindon, Bath or Sailsbury. Or Marlborough. We share a pssion for them, me and my friend B. We don't have many charity shops in Poland (I wonder why), so for me it was such a great opportunity. I was looking for some collector items for my mum, and for books and records for myself. And judging by old vinyls you can find at English charity shops, DC was really once a huge star there. 

So I bought in England - 2 singles from 1985 - 'Romance (Let Your Heart Go)/Romance' and 'The Last Kiss/The Letter', and from the 70s - 'If I Didn't Care/Frozen Noses', 'Looking Thru The Eyes Of Love/Storybook Love' and 'I'll Meet You Halfway/ Breaking Up Is Hard To Do/ I Think I Love You'. 

And because of buying them, I discovered a new world, very mysterious and full of traps for naive. The world of the David Cassidy's and Partridge Family's singles. 

It started when I wanted to check why the title of the song (on the single I bought) was 'Looking Thru The Eyes Of Love', not 'through'.  But I haven't expected to find that so many different editions of those singles exist. Depending on where they were released. Prices depending on format. Believe me, it's a separate field of knowledge, and I think Jane doesn't have all TPF's and DC's  singles on the website. I know that I know nothing about it. But I enjoy my vintage record-player and my small collection. 

Let's return to 'Looking Through The Eyes Of Love'. It was a popular song in 1965 by Gene Pitney. Nr 3 in the UK, and the same was in Canada. Nr 28 on the Billboard Hot 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1tuAtgBOE

Very dramatic. I never heard about Gene Pitney when I was a teen in the 70s, but now I know he was very popular in the 60s (btw he is in RRHOF), and was also a songwriter. He wrote 'Hello Mary Lou' for Ricky Nelson. Not my kind of voice and music.

'Looking Through The Eyes Of Love/Storybook Love' was released in December 1972. the last PF single to make the US Top 40, No 39 on January 27, 1973. Much more popular in the UK. The single hit No. 9 on February 17, and stayed 9 weeks on the charts. One of the best David's vocal for TPF (in my opinion)

David Cassidy performing that song on the show..Unforgettable masterpiece. The way he looked and was filmed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srvXrs2itsE

And PLEASE, SIGN THE PETITION

https://www.change.org/p/music-walk-of-fame-music-walk-of-fame-artist-stone-honour-for-david-cassidy/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'