Since I Fell For You / Buddy Johnson

What a title, just for us, the DC fans all over the world. So many things happened since I fell for DC, his voice and him, David Cassidy as he was, the real man. I love his music, but I've never been a fan of that particular song, the  DC's cover of 'Since I Fell For You'.

I've decided to have one more try. I've read the lyrics..'You made me leave my happy home' and 'I can't get you out of my heart'. Btw whether David ever sang about happy love? No heartbreaks, no doubts, just I love you and you love me and we are very happy together and forever. Maybe some Partridge Family's songs were like that.

But let's return to 'Since I Fell For You', the DC version and really wonderful video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsJSAqv8GGE

Maybe 'live' will be better, so many David's songs were even better when performed live. And at last I've found something really extraordinary, and of course fell for David once more..

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/2011Feb13SetList&Audio.html

With Frank Fabio behind him..And Omaha Symphony Orchestra. David gave 3 special shows with the Orchestra at Holland Performing Arts Center, Omaha, NE, on Feb 11, 12 and 13, 2011. And we are very lucky that one fan who saw those concerts, wrote a review for the website. Such memories, with so many details are just priceless, and those pics. We are so grateful for sharing with us.

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/ConcertPages/2011Feb13AutumnReview.html

Last but not least - the original. A blues ballad composed by Buddy Johnson in 1945. A Big Band number, just fabulous, what a recording, and Ella Johnson's (the composer's sister) singing. I've never heard about them and that original version of 'Since I Fell For You'. Thank you David Cassidy (again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuEphXmJbGQ

The pic - The David Cassidy Official Website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'