Two Guitarists..

I've had such problems to find a right title today. Or a pic. Whatever, it's not important.

First a personal memory. It was 1977 and my mum agreed me watching a film on tv. Aired very late and not exactly for young audience. I was 15, and my parents were very strict, but I had to watch it, only for that one scene :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJGEn4FDys

The Yardbirds, the most legendary band ever. They were legends already in the 60s. Guitar gods played in it. Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck. And that amazing vocalist, Keith Relf, who died just 33.

David Cassidy : 'My dream would be to play like Eric Clapton, but I don't have the commitment or talent. Sometimes, though, I sure wish I could make the instrument speak like very few people can. Jeff Beck makes it speak'

And now we have to use the past tense..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC02wGj5gPw

Many people mourn Jeff Beck today, but he is not the only one great guitarist who's died this week. This is not confirm yet by his family, but a news appeared on the Wrecking Crew FB page that Dennis Budimir passed away on Wednesday, January 11th, at the age of 84. Jazz and rock guitarist, a session musician who worked with the greatest, with everybody, started his career in the mid 50s. He also played on more than 900 movie soundtracks..Can you believe it..

And he played on every The Partridge Family's album (except Bulletin Board) and on the first David's solo record. 'Cherish'.

It was a hard day yesterday. It would have been very difficult for David Cassidy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0u8Y15xKQU

The pic - The David Cassidy Official Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'