Hurt So Bad / Teddy Randazzo, Bobby Weinstein and Bobby Hart

Hurt So Bad. One of my favourite David Cassidy's songs. It has been playing in my head today. It's because of Maya James (thank you!), my FB friend, who yesterday posted on our DC Great Britain Legacy Group the pic with the DC's single, 'Hurt So Bad/Once A Fool. It was released in 1979, but went unnoticed. 

The song was written by Teddy Randazzo, Bobby Weinstein and Bobby Hart, first recorded in 1965. It was a Top 10 hit and let's listen to the original, it's really moving performance. Little Anthony and the Imperials. I'd have never known that group if it hadn't been for David. The things I've learnt because I'm DC's fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSF2oLgyV5M

Great song and on Wikipedia we can find quite a long list of artists who covered it. But David's name is not listed. Btw it's made me think of creating an account and start editing Wikipedia. And add David's name in places where it should be.

The most famous is Linda Ronstadt's cover. We can find the info on The David Cassidy Official Website, that DC's single wasn't successful because Linda released her single at about the same time. I wish I knew when exactly David's single was released, I know only the year, 1979. 

Linda's cover is from her Platinum-certified album, Mad Love. And it was the album's second single released in March 1980. Became # 8 on Billboard Hot 100. David had no chance with Linda Ronstadt, who in the 70s had 5 platinum LP's and 2 Grammies. At the end of decade  she was the most successful female recording artist, and he..a former teen idol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXj4QBew-I

Very dramatic. Of course, very distinctive, strong vocal..but not my kind, you can't like everyone..I prefer much more David's version, not only because I'm a fan. It's different..David wrote that he didn't played disco, but it's a great dance number. And his grief and pain is not so dramatic but nevertheless very moving. I like it better than Linda Ronstadt's version.

But of course I am a fan. And in November it hurt so bad..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM_89AJpfPc

AND PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'