David Cassidy "Your Magic's Worked Its Trick On Me''

 

Or the most beautiful man ever..

The readers of my blog know that I'm a fan of the song called 'David Cassidy' written, recorded and released in February 2009 by three girls and one boy (on drums), from London and Cambridge. The band's name was 'Betty And The Werewolves'. 

Wonderful, happy, full of energy indie pop, always makes me smile (and even dance). Sure those young people must have had some old relations in love with DC, and they must have heard some stories. 5000 photos of David. Great lyrics, really captures that love affair fans had with David. That collective dream. So many hoped in the 70s that somehow they would find the way to Los Angeles, to David..at least in a dream

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFoNwddrxQ

I've thought about this song recently. Because this magic still works on us, half a century later and without David. A week ago while waiting for a concert to start (and a guy with my ticket!) I was browsing my phone and found an old DC pic. It was old because I'd known it for years, and old because it was probably from 1972. DC in his car, pukka shells, jeans jacket, his eyes were closed, he looked tired and of course very beautiful. And I posted this pic on DC Greatest Fans Group, added a caption, 'The most beautiful man ever', and my date at last arrived and we went to see the concert.

One more song about David. This time very old one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCjnepKPMZg

And after the concert I checked my phone and couldn't believe my eyes. So many 'likes'. And a lot of comments, mostly that yes, he was/is the most beautiful ever..This post has now 342 likes. Why am I writing about it? Because at the same time, last week, I published Lanie's and Erin's stories about seeing David's concert in Australia, in March 1974. And those two wonderful, very moving entries have less views than this single pic..

I know that fans love DC's pics, young and old, me too of course..but I've never been so close to quitting blogging.   

btw. in this very nice video there are some pics new to me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7Mnxpffqs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'