All American Boy..

First I want to wish all my American friends very happy Independence Day. For most of my life I didn't even dream about going to the US myself or that one day I would have my own, special American friends. All those wonderful things have happened because of David Cassidy. I'm so grateful and I feel I own him so much. Big words but that's what I feel.

So let's start with David Cassidy singing God Bless America on October 21, 2003. It took place during the 7th inning stretch of Game 3 of the 2003  World Series in Miami. 

For DC, as a patriot and a sports fan it was an emotional experience. And not an easy one, to sing a capella a song everybody knows, and in the middle of a huge stadium. 30 years earlier he sung in such places, but in the 70s he was young, he had great musicians behind him and girls were screaming. This time it was just him and his voice. I love how at first some people are obviously confused, maybe didn't hear about him or if, were wondering what a former teen idol was doing there, but David won, nailed it. He sang beautifully. From the bottom of his heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyNUx3DVVZg

David Cassidy was often described, called (especially in the UK press in the 70s), as an all American boy, the perfect image of a clean-cut, very good looking young man. But I think that even when he was a teen idol there was something about David, what can best be said that he was in a class of his own, one of a kind.

And today, on the 4th of July I think we should remember 2 DC's roles, Playing Adam-11 on 'The Spirit of '76', a film released in 1990, and first of all his title role in 'Little Johnny Jones', on stage, in 1981. DC felt the responsibility as we can read in this interesting article

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/News1981Aug2_ChicagoTribune.pdf

In another interview David Cassidy said, "During all my rock'n'roll years I saw a very negative picture of culture in this country. I sensed a need for optimism and hope and pride. I think there's a tremendous amount of joy in this play. It's a real celebration of America."

https://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TheatrePages/LittleJohnnyJonesAdvert.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil