David Cassidy's Music Legacy

Life is unpredictible and today we've learnt that 'David Cassidy rights acquired by Iconoclast'. Before I write what I think about it, let's listen to one of the songs not written by David himself, but performed by him live. Only once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFHa3QOvkI

First of all we should stay calm because 1. we know nothing really, 2. it happened in the past that we became too much agitated about something, or as it was with The California Music Hall of Fame our expectations had nothing to do with the reality (if I can put it this way). 

On the other hand when A&E Network announced they were working on 'David Cassidy : The Last Session' a lot of fans were against it from the start, and even some wrote letters to A&E, protesting and demanding that the project should be stopped. Also me. When it was premiered and I could see it at last, I changed my mind. Sure I understand that a lot of fans don't want to see it and it's bad that in documentary there is nothing about David's achievements after his teen idol years, not to say about showing him at the end of his life..but I think The Last Session is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pScpalsrNVI

What an amazing video..

Of course this time we are calm because we don't know much. First of all what is it 'Iconoclast' ? I've never heard about it (which means nothing of course, I'm retired and I don't know about many things young people do). So I've been trying to find some info and have found that Iconoclast is new, founded in 2021 by Olivier Chastan. I've read an interview with him..and I can't say I understand what he was talking about and what are they going to do with David's music and his likeness..

https://www.synchtank.com/blog/olivier-chastan-on-defining-the-place-of-legacy-artists-in-the-future-of-entertainment/

David Cassidy as a brand..Iconoclast now has David Cassidy's publishing catalog (whatever it means), sound recording and NIL rights. Beau Cassidy got his money, and he is happy and certain that David's work will find new audience..The future will tell. I hope they will not forget about us, old audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7H4MG3lEE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

Love Is All That I Ever Needed. A David Cassidy Biography. Chapter 1

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'