Looking For David. The Friendship

 Maybe a song first.

https://youtu.be/5OmAJJdMnoU?si=98CmtcJwnUlwUorq

Am I looking for a good time? Yes, if it means going to London again and have a lot of emotional conversations, talking for hours, not only about DC, everything, but all will be because of him.

https://youtu.be/ATn-z4PDi_I?si=LEcqjb8GTir0tG1a

Oh yes, whatever fans think about Sue Shiffrin, David recorded this song because of her. Cher had a hit with this song 2 years back (or something like that), but he wanted to sing a duet with his wife. That's my own opinion of course.

I've told my neighbour I'm going to London and she said, 'Why? Sightseeing? Have you got friends there?', and we both smiled and wonder how everything changed. 15 years ago she would have said, 'How fabulous! You've got work there!' Millions of Poles were working at the time in the UK doing poorly paid jobs. But not now.

I haven't told her about David Cassidy, she is much younger and besides I've never met a Pole who heard about DC. But yes, I have special friends there.

I once have talked about London with a very wealthy Polish woman who actually had been living and working in London for 10 years (she returned to Poland after Brexit), and she has told me that during those years she made some friends, but was never invited to an English private house. And I smiled and told her that I was invited to my friends' houses and shown everything from cellar to the roof..She couldn't believe it.

https://youtu.be/OeKYMuQ5PvE?si=zeX59xuU2O2rRoYH

Yes, and I will again. Actually D. was the first DC's fan I met in person. It was in August 2018. We were to meet with others outside Syon Park, but because she lived in London (other girls were from other parts of the UK), we arranged to meet at the tube station near Science Museum. That was so emotional, people looked at us in wonder..two middle aged women, one black, one white hugging and screaming and laughing..two lost sisters who reunited after many years. After that first time we met again and again and we'll meet tomorrow..at her house.

Yes, all because of David..

https://youtu.be/kFCpbdtwQac?si=c7U4xTMgcgqrerPS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

Love Is All That I Ever Needed. A David Cassidy Biography. Chapter 1

'He Was So Pretty You Couldn't Look Away..'