Playing Rick, Brad and Gene.

David's 3 last the  pre- Keith Partridge roles. 

April 1st, 1970. Medical Centre, episode 1.24 called '  The Brother's Keeper'. Aired on CBS.

The series run for 7 seasons, David appeared at the end of the first one. Not as known as his role in Bonanza, but I think he was great in it. 

Another dramatic, good performance, really worth watching. His character, 15 year old boy, Rick Lambert, another teen who has a complicated relationship with his father. David didn't have a lot to play, but he steals every scene, and we are so sorry for this lonely, confused and unhappy boy. 

His presence is felt even when he is not on the screen. Great performance, I love especially the scene at the hospital with his older brother. That episode was probably filmed the same time as TPF's pilot and it makes it even more significant. And makes me think again what would have happened if he had quit playing Keith Partridge, and as we know he was thinking about it..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/MedicalCentre.html

April 7th, 1970 The Mod Squad, episode 2.26 called 'The Loser', aired on ABC. The Mod Squad, was a very popular crime series, originally broadcast from 1968 to 1973, got many Emmy and Golden Glob nominations. And a lot of famous guest stars appeared on it. Including Jack Cassidy, and Brooke Bundy who starred in 4 episodes (she was Keith Partridge love interest in 'Heartbreak Keith')

David's character Brad Johnson had problems with law before, he was caught twice of car theft. It started when his father, a disgraced police officer died of heart attack. But this time the problem is much more serious, because Brad is now 18, and he is accused not only of stealing a car, but also.. hit and run. Another very difficult and dramatic David's role. And he was just great, and the way he looked..Sensational. There are some outstanding screenshots on the website, and the video.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/TheModSquad.html

And Gene..We have only 2 pics. What a shame. The date is 1970 on the website, and 1971 on idmb.com. Judging by DC's hair, it must have been his last role before TPF. David- 'portrays a teenage's boy confrontation with the problem of premartial sex' (idmb.com). Interesting. Anyway, it was an episode of a long running religious series called  first The Fisher Family (1952-1956) and later This Is The Life (1956-1986). A lot of young promising actors appeared on it (including Kay Lenz and Dave Madden). I wish I could see David in it..

David Cassidy :'In mid 1970, with only 8 network tv appearances to my credit, I was hardly someone the average American would have known. (..) But I could take pride- and figured my dad could also take pride- in the fact that I was becoming, like him, a reliable working actor(..) If anyone had told me that by year's end I'd be a household name, a best-selling recording artist, the number one teen idol...'(David Cassidy:'Could It Be Forever?', 2007)

All screenshots courtesy of The David Cassidy Official Website

About DC's other tv roles

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/danny-larry-michael-tim-billypart-1.html

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/danny-larry-michael-tim-billypart-2.html



Comments

  1. The Iroside and Bonanza episodes are great too☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course. I wrote about them in November. DC was a wonderful actor
      https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/danny-larry-michael-tim-billypart-1.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

Labor Of Love / David Cassidy, Sue Shifrin and Michael Dan Ehmig

Love Is All That I Ever Needed. A David Cassidy Biography. Chapter 1