Sunshine / Wes Farrell, Danny Janssen, Bobby Hart

It wasn't easy to find a right title for today's entry. 'Being Together' or 'Together We Better',  I've used those songs as titles many times. But 'Sunshine' is perfect. Love & Light. Friendship. And sunshine. Because of David. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3mY-lWdlA

What an extraordinary singer he was. He could make always something special, truly magical of every song he was to sing on the set of The Partridge Family. Whatever he thought about them. 

This is something  I really love about my blog. The things I learn while writing it, the things not only about DC. About the music I didn't have a chance listening to when Poland was a communist country, in the 70s and 80s, about the pop culture in general, and first of all it's so moving that  many wonderful people, the DC's fans help me to write this blog. So many times when I have problems with a new entry, or I can't find info, or simply I have no new ideas, there is always someone who helps me.

It was truly a magical experience when Sharron wrote with me a short story, about the first David's concert. When I sent her a first part of it, I just wanted to have her opinion, asked what to do, because I'd stuck with it. And she wrote the next part, just like that, and when I read it I knew how to finish that story. I'm soo proud of myself and Sharron. The link (once again)

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/05/the-first-concert-short-story-written.html

And Encarni wrote that wonderful letter to David. It was my idea, for the last year anniversary, but I didn't know what to write and how, and she sent me such a magical, personal letter, so full of love for DC, again just like that. And Pauline..it's happened a few times that after my email to Pauline :' Help! Help me! I don't know how to write it !!',  I've had a ready entry from her in half an hour. 'No problem, Weronika'. 

Those wonderful stories I've got from fans who met in Las Vegas. We want to share our love for DC, but also we want to know more about him. I've got so many valuable info from Tracey, Encarni, Doreen, Judy and Laurie. But first once again the Encarni's letter. It was published on my blog on November 20, 2021..

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/a-letter-to-davidencarni.html

And today Laurie Eby, she's found for me the original of 'Keeping Our Love Alive', and what's more with the lyrics, now I can understand everything. Thanks to Laurie we know much more, and it's really priceless that now we can  compare the original with the David Cassidy's interpretation of that song. And appreciate his version even more.

It was written by an American songwriter and guitarist, Richard Supa (he worked for Aerosmith, The Rascals and Richie Sambora). The song, with a little different title, 'Keeping The Love Alive' was recorded by an Australian duo, called 'Air Supply', in summer of 1981. 1981, a tragic year in the Poland's modern history, we had troubles to get something to eat, in December the martial law was imposed, people were killed. We didn't listen to love songs and I had no idea about Air Supply..

The original : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqPdaIz4JvM

And the David's cover from 1982 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnW_L0ZbRv4

Thank you Laurie xxx

The pic, David Cassidy on Summer Magazine (with host, Bob Chelmick), June 9, 1982 (The David Cassidy Official Website)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'