Encarni and David Cassidy

Encarni, my FB friend and a fellow fan twice contributed to my blog. The first time a few years ago and hers is one of the most popular entry of my blog. Here is the link to it.

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/a-letter-to-davidencarni.html

So sincere, emotional and full of love. And now, after 5 years, we've got one more entry written by Encarni, again personal, very sincere and frst of all Encarni is not afraid to share her opinion on AI and David Cassidy,  and a discussion about it it's something we can't avoid. Thank you Encarni, your entry is a food for thought for me. And of course s big hug and thank you.

"Hello, I'm Encarni, and I want to thank Weronika for this opportunity to express myself on her blog. A few years ago, she published a letter I wrote to David.As I mentioned in that letter, David helped me, just as he did for so many of us, to get through a difficult stage of my life during my teenage years. Later, once I had Internet access and discovered Facebook, I began reading, listening to his music, collecting photos and rediscovering David ; living in Spain it's otherwise impossible to find information about him.

Three years ago, my husband passed away, plunging me into deep sadness. Two months later, the two videos of David's 1973 performance in Spain appeared on You Tube. Call it a coincidence, I call it a miracle...because I had spent years searching for those wonderful videos. 

I fully believe the people who say they feel David's presence when visiting the places where he lived. I feel it too, and it has helped me - immensely. Yes, David again ; I feel him so close once more. His music is always with me. and at nearly 70 years old it makes me feel younger. I wouldn't say David pulled me out of that sadness - no, may daughter is the driving force of my life - but David is always there for me during my low moments.

Quite by chance, and just for fun, I started creating moving photos using an AI app. I made family photos that seemed to come to life. One day, I created an animated montage featuring David; it didn't turn out perfectly, but it encouraged me to keep exploring, and I started making more. I posted two videos in a group at Christmas, and while most people liked them, there were, as always, some detractors, and I understand that.

AI can be a bit frightening because of the potential of misuse, but I believe crime will exist wheter AI is involved or not. I don't deny technological advances ; after all, thanks to them, I'm able to communicate with you today. I only speak Spanish. yet thanks to translation tools I can write and understand what others are saying. I am not trying to convince anyone, but I wish we weren't so extreme about what others think.

I won't be sharing any more videos - except on my own wall - out of respect for those who censor them, even though I'd have the freedom to post them myself. I know seeing them would bring a smile to David's face, because  make them with love. I often look at this photo of him - he seems to be laughing inwardly, telling me, "You are crazy but keep going - I love it!"

In that old post of mine, Weronika shared a photo of me with my dog when I was 15. Now, I hope she posts the video corresponding to that photo, but with David, so you can see the reality what I do.

I hope I haven't bored you, and send you all a big hug."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENwwVPQ8dP6FBAwmQFFYeZ2VNtL2lRAo/view?usp=drivesdk





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robyn Millan

Labor Of Love / David Cassidy, Sue Shifrin and Michael Dan Ehmig

Love Is All That I Ever Needed. A David Cassidy Biography. Chapter 1